When many people think of marketing they think about sales. Yes, marketing can assist an overall sales strategy, but marketing needs time, work and constant support. Sales is just one facet of your overall marketing strategy.
It is also important to recognise that marketing is not the same for every sector. Each industry and business require a bespoke marketing approach, a one size fits all approach would lead to generic content, unengaging creative and ultimately unsuccessful marketing this subsequently hurting your marketing and sales strategy.
Professional services are no exception to these rules.
Professional services, be it a law firm, accountant, solicitor, or IFA need to build relationships through their marketing. You need to create the assurance of a safe pair of hands, the reassurance of your knowledge and ultimately have a brand that communicates all of this to your potential customers.
So, if you are looking to improve your brand position, create visibility of your practice and build your market share then here are some top marketing tips for you:
- Speaking Events & Networking: Talking at events allows you to bring your business to life and demonstrate your skills and knowledge at your best. It can reach a wide range of potential customers at once and showcase you and your personality. To ensure you make the most of your speaking opportunities you should find suitable, good quality events to align your business with.
- Testimonials: Gather and use client testimonials to highlight the great service, care and help your business provides clients with. Requesting testimonials from previous clients are an essential way to build trust in your brand and can then be used for marketing material.
- Social Media: Social media is a great way to promote your brand but you must get a strategy in place before you post. It is important to remember that you do not need an account on each platform, you do not need to post every day, but you do need a considered content plan and a marketing strategy to oversee it to give your audience engaging and value rich content.
- Blogs, Vlogs & Articles: Not only does this create content for your social media but it also helps to demonstrate the firm’s specialisms and knowledge whilst conveying your brand ‘Tone of Voice’. You can use this content for newsletters, social media posts, free advice leaflets etc.
- Google Business: Ensure you have a Google Business account set up that can be used to share material, photos, contact details and testimonials. This is a must for any professional services business looking to increase visibility, improve marketing activity and grow.
In essence, building your brand position and gaining visibility for your practice comes from developing a well-rounded approach to your marketing. Identifying the best ways in which to present your business in a selection of platforms and forums to gain the most for your time invested.
At The Marketing Associate we specialise in strategic freelance marketing support for professional service practices. Providing excellent quality advice on your marketing strategy to develop and grow your business.
If you would like to discuss your business’s marketing requirements with an outsourced marketing consultant, then please do not hesitate to contact Tabitha Beasley at The Marketing Associates: Tabitha@themarketingassociates.co.uk or call 01233 720379